Follow The Bride

Follow our Brides as they write about their wedding planning from beginning to end! Please visit often for updates and visit our website, www.forblackweddings.com.

Mike and Olivia will marry November 2012

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tanya Turner and Demond Marshall will wed September 12, 2009



My name is Tanya T. Turner and I reside in Hammond, Louisiana. My fiancé is Demond Marshall of Mandeville, Louisiana. We meet over 16 years ago at Southeastern Louisiana University; I was a freshman running track and he was being recruited for the football team. We dated for awhile, but then went our separate ways. Surprisingly, 15 years later, he found me on MySpace.com.



Our wedding date is September 12, 2009. The wedding will be held in Hammond, which is about 45 minutes away from New Orleans, Louisiana. We're getting married on his birthday so this event is more than just a wedding; it’s a celebration. Our colors are chocolate brown, red and turquoise with a touch of gold and champagne. My wedding dress is a Sottero & Midgley couture gown. It’s a beautiful ivory blush with a champagne overlay. I have an extended cathedral length, single layer, veil adorned with hand-sewn crystals on the bottom hem. My shoes are simply gorgeous are definitely something I'm going to wear again. My fiancé’s tuxedo is a khaki colored tux with a diamond white vest and ascot tie.


The bridesmaids were allowed to choose their own dresses in different styles. The matron and maid of honor will match in style but not shades. The bridesmaids and groomsmen will both be in chocolate brown, the matrons will be in gold and the maid of honor will wear champagne. Our floral design includes red orchids and roses as well as white orchids for my fiancé and me. We opted not to have flower girls or a ring bearer because we have too many nieces and nephews to chose from. My daughters, who are 17 and 12, will carry our rings in Faberge style ring holders and will also be maids of honor. In total, there are 20 people in our wedding party. Considering we started with 30, that’s great! I'm also a wedding and event coordinator so I’m involved in every aspect of the wedding. I have a partner who will be responsible for the day of coordination, but everything else is based on my vision and my fiancé’s dream.

Simplicity with flare is our theme. We plan to incorporate a multitude of crystals, crystal trees and hanging pomanders (kissing balls) made of roses throughout the wedding venue. In addition, we plan to incorporate a candy buffet, a chocolate fountain along with a fruit tree and a coffee station. The favors will be homemade sugar cookies with the initial M, bookmarks, and miniature bottles of Verdi Champagne. We will also have personalized bottled water at the candy buffet. I made the invitations, programs, labels, monograms, bookmarks, and memorial candles, so there is a real personal touch to everything. I saved a ton of money doing them myself.


Our wedding will mostly be about having fun and sharing with our family and friends. We are expecting to have about 400 people attending this family affair. From what I can envision, our wedding will be a classic event that we'll cherish for years to come.

Talk to you soon!

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment